Olympus OMD EM-5 body + the 45mm as my only lens (is it possible?)

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Questions thread
windriver
Regular MemberPosts: 149
Like?
Re: Possible? Yes. Advisable? No.
In reply to amtberg, Mar 30, 2013

amtberg wrote:

First, I don't know why you'd buy an interchangeable lens system if you only ever plan on using one lens.  Second, 45mm on MFT is the equivalent of a 90mm full frame lens.  It's a short telephoto suitable for portraits and some event work.  Possible useful for some sports.  And that's about it.

Others have recommended the PanLeica 25/1.4 for a single-lens, prime solution, and that would be a good choice IMO (if this is what you want to do).  Personally if I could have only one lens it would be the Panasonic 12-35/2.8, but I wouldn't have only one lens.

If I was really convinced that I would only use one lens, I would probably buy a Sony RX1 or one of the new fixed-lens Fujis instead of going MFT.

I agree.  I do find the 45 useful for landscape detail as well as portraits.

A good one-lens choice would be the 12-35/2.8.  But why get only one for an interchangeable lens camera?

A two prime-lens option would be the new 17 and the 45.  For three I'd go 14-25-45, or 14-25-75, if you like primes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow