Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
bgeoghegan
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Re: Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?
In reply to DS21, Mar 30, 2013

Here's a quick test I did for VF accuracy, optimum apertures and to see if I had any centering issues in the new X20 lens.  I wasn't aiming for a definitive test of anything.  The lens was at about 75mm equiv., f/2.8.  F/4 is real close but at f/5.6 and f/8 there's some loss of texture detail in the yellow book edge near the center.  The preview looks awful so go for the full res version.  Manual exposure +2/3 EV from evaluative meter reading. 1/3 EV might have been better. The image is OOC jpg, ISO100, NR-2, DR100.  Post processing in Picture Window 6 added a little 0.66 px sharpening and pulled the histogram down.  Don't think of this as any kind of tested and optimized process.  The other images in my gallery cover f/2.8-8 but don't have the histogram adjustment so use the brighter images to compare apertures. (Being new to DPreview forums and galleries I may have messed this up).

The optical VF horizontal edges were placed about midway on the bookshelf verticals.  You can see how parallax gives more real image to the camera right than to the left.  It's the same for below compared to above.

Bob G

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow