Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
svx94
Senior MemberPosts: 2,289Gear list
Like?
My own Fuji X roadmap
Mar 30, 2013

Being a Canon, then Nikon user for years, my last trip to UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai) made it obvious to me that dragging the whole set of DSLR is just silly; it make me look odd, and of course the weight... I primarily shoot landscape and portraits - NOT A PRO.

After an extensive "research" on small cameras, I think the X-system is what I will get, unless Nikon comes out a X equivalent before I pull the trigger.

Here is my day-dream X roadmap in the coming years:

1. X-E1 w/18-55mm + adapter to Nikon lenses + camera plate for tripod

2. EF 42 flash

3. 10-24mm (assuming the quality is good enough so I don't need the 14mm)

4. 55-200mm

I think I will keep my Nikon D700, the Nikon flashes, PC-E 24mm, 105VR and an old AI-S 28mm/2.8. Interested in getting the new 80-400mm, assuming the X is not capable for action pictures.  I know once I get the X, the D700 will be in the storage. But for portrait and some serious situations, or using at home, I can still enjoy it. I even have lots of tilt-shift bellows from different brand, but all with Nikon adapter, and a collection of silly lenses for them!

Consider this as my Easter Dream (and April 1st is coming too

svx94's gear list:svx94's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 4500 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED +9 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow