Fujifilm X System suited as a travel/landscape camera

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Questions thread
ljclark
Senior MemberPosts: 2,291Gear list
Like?
2 Fuji Camera Combo
In reply to NefeliM, Mar 30, 2013

In 2011 I decided to take a vacation in Paris.  I was thinking about taking a Leica M8 with my Fuji X100 as a backup.  But I decided to shift a notch and take the X100 and X10.

Everything worked just fine.  The X100 was better with high ISO situations, but the X10 made up for some of that by having IS.

Today I shot the first 100 or so frames with my new X100s.  I'm even more impressed with the X100s than I was with the X100.

However, your lens/camera setup depends a lot on how you shoot.  I tend to not need telephotos and never shot more than 75mm when I had the M8, and now don't shoot anything longer than 90mm with the M9.  A deciding factor might be where you want to be in the wide-angle range.  The X10/X20 only have a 28mm equivalent field of view.

Whatever you decide on, enjoy the trip and back up your memory card to two storage devices every day. 

ljclark's gear list:ljclark's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X30 Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow