D600 Auto Focus Points - Who Thought That Would Be A Good Idea?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
antoineb
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,310Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 has better AF than D7000
In reply to sandy b, Mar 30, 2013

sandy b wrote:

I would say about equal to the d700, i have both, and use the D7000 at work. It would be nice if the spread was larger, but that has not bothered me yet.

OK, good for you then!

I have only read specs, and early reviews.  The specs say the AF chip is the same old AF chip found on the D7000, though obviously while the design is the same the actual hardware must be a bit more modern, and perhaps also the microcode - so perhaps it performs marginally better?  In the meantime no reviewer seems to have been particularly impressed - but if you are happy, then great.

I personally don't have the patience to "upgrade", and find the same AF engine (more sensitive though, back to what a D90 was capable of...), and AF points too concentrated in the middle.  And have to do AF fine-tuning, worry about dust, and so on.  What would be the point?

antoineb's gear list:antoineb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus TG-610 Nikon D7000 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow