TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 5,494Gear list
Like?
Re: Rumor: Possible Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specs
In reply to Mark B., Mar 30, 2013

Mark B. wrote:

TTMartin wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

Based on the 1Dx, I think it's safe to say we've seen the last of the 1.3x crops.  Any 7D successor is going to be 1.6x crop, nothing else.

Mark

I'd still like to see a true APS-H sensor, same height as the APS-C, but, wider for 16X9 video. This would allow a lower profile mirror to maintain compatibility with EF-S lenses (APS-C Crop), but, give full sensor performance with EF lenses.

All I'm saying is that what you'd like to see is different than what Canon will do   It appears Canon is only maintaining APS-C and full frame sensors in their DSLR lines.

Given that its been less than a year, since they discontinued the 1D Mk IV, that might be a premature conclusion, then again it might not.

A wide APS-C, or actual Advance Photo System - H sensor would make a lot of sense. Canon could increase the mega pixels without increasing the sensor density, thus extending their current sensor technology.

It would be a great sensor for a enthusiast camera like the 70D. More megapixels, slightly larger sensor, and compatibility with EF-S lenses. Using the older sensor tech means it could be more cost effective, than increasing megapixels on an APS-C sensor.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
1+New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow