Has anyone used Thinktank holster bags or speedracer bags for hiking?

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
gary stepic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,231Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes
In reply to PHXAZCRAIG, Mar 30, 2013

For my D800 I would not use the grip. I would use an L bracket but my guess is that would not take up much space. Would the Speed Racer hold the D800 with the 24-120 on it, a 70-200, and a 16-35 4.0 lens? If not then I may just go with the slightly smaller Speed Freak bag.

What like is I can use the belt set up for events instead of carrying my larger Urban Disguise bags. For hiking I am debating about taking my second body, if I do this is where I am thinking of the holster. One of the reasons I am thinking of replacing my D300S with the D7100 is because it is smaller and lighter.

When we go on a Hawaii trip I will probably want one of the Thinktank backpacks, knowing me though I probably will get it sooner than later. What I like about the Thinktank products is they can all work well together as you mentioned.

Gary

gary stepic's gear list:gary stepic's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow