5D Mk III owner now also a Fuji X-E1 owner; comments and an unfair comparison.

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
itairom
Regular MemberPosts: 430
Like?
Re: 5D Mk III owner now also a Fuji X-E1 owner; comments and an unfair comparison.
In reply to NicholasS, Mar 30, 2013

Nice and pretty fair comparison, I'd say. The only point I might take some issue with is in the comparison of lenses. Some of the L lenses are great, but that comes with considerable bulk, while others don't really live up to the hype. Some of Fuji's lenses are also great optically, while others are just extraordinarily practical (the 18-55 comes to mind).

I'd only add that I first bought into mirrorless about two years ago (Olympus E-PL2), and since that time I've kept my Nikon full frame DSLR for many of the same reasons you cite. For example, I figured that when I went out to concentrate on photography I'd take the DSLR, otherwise I'd carry the mirrorless camera.

Today, my mirrorless kit consists of an X-E1 and a Sigma DP3 Merrill, while my DSLR sees less and less use. I'm thinking it's finally time to move purely to mirrorless. Between the Fuji and Sigma I'm really not missing much. Neither camera is as responsive as the DSLR, but for my work it really doesn't matter.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow