Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,676Gear list
Like?
Re: Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?
In reply to Nukunukoo, Mar 30, 2013

Nukunukoo wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Nukunukoo wrote:

Joel Stern wrote:

Nukunukoo wrote:

tron555 wrote:

Photo's speak much louder than empty words. Please, post some of you images (in full resolution) for our entertainment and review. Hopefully you have been able to figure out how to bring out the best in the X20, since others have obviously not been able succeed. Only seeing is believing, anything less is pure conjecture and subjective opinion.

Just a note: my previous pix had LR sharpening applied a wee too aggressive! I'm quite happy with the DR characteristics. Those expecting DSLR-class pixels are in the wrong forum! ;-P

Your images do not show up

Sorry. I have no idea why this particular image do not show. Remember, all the other images I posted here are visible, so it's just an "image" not "images" ;-P

Here is the pix again. Hope it's visible now.

So, if I understand correctly, this is the example of great image quality X20 is capable of? Or you are joking with us?

It doesn't really matter how you interpret it. What matters is how the image presents itself under many conditions. I notice this machofest among men on how much effective and bigger their... whatever... are in terms of raw numbers and other ethereal factors. However, I'll take your statement as being in good cheer, such is the Lady that I am.

I am impressed with this picture because the scene is very very dark under the heavy near-black snowcloud above us. I have worked with many point-and-shoots before and I don't make any pretense that this is da bomb of a pix. But what I can do say is that it is NOT bad as what others may claim. This is NOT a contest of sorts but my contribution to those who want to evaluate the X20... Exposure recovery for this capture is impressive and the noise grain is well under control. This is quite good for a small-sensor camera AFAIC. Your expectations and interpretations may vary.

You may be happy with it, but good image quality this is not, especially for a $600 camera at ISO 200, and 2/3 sensor is not that small to be so swamped with noise at such low ISO. And this is from RAW, I can't even imagine what the OOC JPEG would look like.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow