Best adapter for Contax G lenses

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,683Gear list
Like?
Re: Best adapter for Contax G lenses
In reply to Joachim Wulfers, Mar 30, 2013

Thanks Joachim. I read your other posts before and they are very informative - thanks.

Why do you need several Fotodiox adapters Are they hard to remove from the lens or do you want to have an adapter on each lens?

I took some more shots this morning with the Contax g 90mm Sonnar and it is an exquisite lens. I love the colours, Very rich. It is also very very sharp and 10X magnification is really needed to get it just right.

This lens adapter didn't seem too bad this morning. Perhaps I am just getting used to it. Luckily its not that notchy in the most used part of the manual focus.

I plan on getting the 45 and 28 now as I like this type of rendition and may end up being a Zeiss fan for my other cameras.

With the 28mm though, I know its less than half the price of the Zeiss 24mm F1.8 but I am wondering if it would be better to get that for the widefield and the 45mm Contax G as that gets rave review. That way I also get AF on the Zeiss 24. Is it worth the extra $700?

Greg.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow