Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,483
Like?
Re: Several answers
In reply to Ursula Freer, Mar 30, 2013

Ursula Freer wrote:

Rkelac wrote:

Wow!  Just finished my first panorama print on Red River Aurora White roll paper.  I cut off a 17x36 piece, fed it into the rear manual feed input (inside of the curl up, printer took the paper first try), put the sheet feeder extensions up to limit the curl on the paper going into the feeder, and it printed fine.  The 1/4 inch margin was maintained over the entire print so there was no skewing.

Next time I'll try with the curl down.  It might be easier to handle the paper.  (I imagine that one-sided paper is coated on the inside of the roll, so I guess that usually the curl is up in printing from roll paper.  Is this correct?)  This time I printed on the inside of the curl because there were some marks on the outside of the roll.  Shouldn't be a problem now that I'm past that section.

My rolls (one sided) are coated on the outside of the roll. Do you need a special driver  to print that long?

You don't mention which printer, but I presume you are talking about the Epson 3880?

The 3880 driver prints up to 95 cm (approximately 37.4 inches). To print longer than that you would need a RIP. Which was discussed in a recent thread: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51177357

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow