D800 tethered to MS Surface Pro tablet?

Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Just a Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,120Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 tethered to MS Surface Pro tablet?
In reply to Cliff Fujii, Mar 30, 2013

Cliff Fujii wrote:

The iPad is just about the worst platform for professional photography support.  I sold mine in favor of the Dell E6410 and later the Microsoft Surface Pro because there are no constraints on how you can use the Surface Pro in Photography.

Everybody his own. I think Windows Surface Pro sucks pretty big.
Although the closed Apple environment is not to everybody's liking, its unfair to say that it can't be used in professional photography environment. In fact its totally clueless and plain wrong.

I know many Pro's who use their iPads daily and do use them to full satisfaction.

Nobody I know uses their 'tablet' to edit their work. Not one tablet is really capable of doing so as it just lacks processor power, inclusing all those Windows based tablets.

The camranger solution that you responded to is one of a hell of a device that works flawless with iPad and Mac and soon will for Android tablets as well.

Just a Photographer's gear list:Just a Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow