Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,901Gear list
Like?
Re: Photoshop upgrade no longer possible
In reply to Gene L., Mar 30, 2013

Gene L. wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

Or they are pushing people to cheaper products that do most of what they want:  Lightroom.

Adobe slashed the price when v4 came out from $300 to just $150 for the full version and the upgrade version from $99 to $69 (or was it $79).  Lightroom does all I want and the little else I do Photoshop Elements 5 does nicely for my needs.  $69 every 2 years for a  new version of Lightroom is cheap.  Go that route!

Elements can be a frustrating experience for those who are used to the significantly better tool set offered by Photoshop. When trying to do some edits for my father, who has a recent edition of Elements, I about went crazy trying to do the edits to which I am accustomed using Photoshop. It is a completely different and limited program.

Guess I will be using CS3 for a long time to come.

Nothing wrong with CS3 ... I will be using this until I find something truly compelling to replace it with. I use object remover in Paint Shop Pro in the meantime, which does a rather good job (see the lights in the top right corner):

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GimpNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow