Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,482Gear list
Like?
Re: G15 - total shutter actuations ..
In reply to panamforeman, Mar 30, 2013

panamforeman wrote:

Try this. It works on G10,11,12:

This should work on the G series. (I know it works on the G11.)

Using an SD card reader, put a blank card in the reader, and create a new, empty folder named VERS.REQ at the root level of the data card. (e.g. if the drive letter the reader uses for the card is "G:" then the file will be G:\VERS.REQ and not G:\DCIM\VERS.REQ or whatever.)

Put that card in the G, then start in Preview mode.

Hold down the SET button and press DISPLAY

The Firmware Version will display.

Repeat the above step and the second screen will display more internal version info.

Repeat again and the third screen will display an item "Total Shoot:" followed by a number. The number is the total number of shots by the camera.

Yes.. that is exactly what I found and intend to try , as it does seem very likely - snce it seems to work on almost all the G's nearly to the G15 at least..
I found a thread with this detail in a post of about two years ago.. from memory , it seems almost word-for-word as you post here and indeed it may well be YOUR earlier post ?? .. but it does seem good to try..I know I have used something very much like it on some other camera..funny if indeed it was another G  !!

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

ericN2's gear list:ericN2's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow