Portable Device for a Photographer to Show His Work

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Dionis
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
Re: Portable Device for a Photographer to Show His Work
In reply to hotdog321, Mar 30, 2013

hotdog321 wrote:

I've had good luck displaying images from my Zenfolio portfolio on a Kindle Fire and even a Galaxy S3 using the zFolio app. It allows images to pre-download and optimize for your device so you are good even when you don't have internet connection.

Not saying the Kindle Fire is what you want, but I already owned one and it looks pretty good. The BN Nook also allows you to load a microSD card and the display is quite nice.

hotdog,

I think I would really like the Kindle, but there is at least 2 deal breakers for my purpose. The 1st is I need to display content that will not be on any web site. Furthermore the images from Zenfolio (or any site) have under gone compression from the original file (the quality is diminished). Again video is my priority. The 2nd thing (applies to the Nook  too that I would like otherwise) is I need to install an app for my GH3 camera to control it via WiFi that I think only works with Android and iPad.

I thought this was going to be more straight forward (I was ignorant of Tablet capabilities (inabilities) till now.

Dionis's gear list:Dionis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow