How much is expensive lens for you??

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Boneoh2
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
Re: How much is expensive lens for you??
In reply to Joseph Prawiro, Mar 30, 2013

It is interesting to get other people's perspective on this...

In the past year, I have bought the EM5 with the 12-50 kit zoom and what I call the "fab four" primes:

Oly 12mm f2.0 for $799 - this is expensive IMO. I used this for most of my shooting last year in a vacation to NYC. This did great inside the museums and around town for wide angle shots of buildings, skyline, etc.

Panny/Leica 25 f1.4 for $549 - this is reasonable given the quality. This is my normal go-to lens. Most often left on the camera.

Oly 45mm f1.8 for 399 - this is a bargain IMO. I use this for portraits and occasional indoor video when I need a bit of reach.

Oly 75mm f1.8 for 899 - this is expensive. Very nice portrait lens.

I am very happy with the image quality of these lenses, and have no regrets about spending the money. I just had to think long and hard before spending the money on the two "expensive" lenses.

At this point, I am waiting to see what Oly will be coming out with for the tele zoom...

Pete

Boneoh2's gear list:Boneoh2's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$500New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow