Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,024Gear list
Like?
Re: Ming is one of few camera reviewers who actually takes great pictures.
In reply to tgutgu, Mar 30, 2013
Why does he lack the skills? I can't see that.

He does not know how too shoot video and how to evaluate the camera here and concludes (if I remeber correctly, I am not going ot read it again) things about te videodepartment that it is nothing special and has an awfull rolling shutter effect.

to give a helpfull review for those who want a GH3 cam and use it to the full. He has a very personal view on ergonomics (which is okey) and he has made it clear he simply did not use the camera as much as he used others and blames the camera for it.

If the camera as a view finder as the GH3 has, I would also stop using it extensively. Obviously, the camera has so many showstoppers for Mr. Thein that he could not see any reason to make even deeper analysis of it. A very reasonable approach. By the way, his review is at least as detailed as many other reviews (usually with uncritical positive results).

You can shoot video and foto with the screen if you like. "Giving up" is hte opposite of what you should always try to do I think "doing the best and making the most of it". Detail: I miss a lot of data, measrements with approproiate software. I don't think it is extensive at all.

The problem is that the review did not yield the results, the GH3 buyer expects.

I am not a buyer of the cam and never will be.

He can blame it for his reluctance to use it, he cannot blame the cam for acting upon this feeling.

Sure he can.

Sure, but that is not realistic. You are responsible for your own actions when you are a grown up, not someone else or something else.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow