ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wezzzor
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Olympus E5 shutter failure
Mar 30, 2013

Hello everybody.

Unfortunately today the shutter decided to pack in on my E5.

I can clearly see with the lens off and a long exp that part of the shutter is not fully moving out of the way. Im getting a shadow across my pictures. The camera has never been dropped or subject to harsh abuse what so ever.

I bought the camera brand new in Feb of 2011. Shutter count is 10800, only a fraction of the 150k rated life.

Im getting the following error codes on the service screen

Its happening on every lens I attach and the contacts are clean on the camera body. Sometimes the camera will totally lock up and to switch it off is the only option.

Am I still covered under warrenty over the shutter count been so low?

I've never had to send anything to Olympus for repair before. Does anybody know the procedure?

Also fearing the worst does anybody have a rough price on getting it fixed assuming it needs shutter replacement and i've to fork out for it?

Im also living in Ireland.

Any info would help as Im really gutted by this.

Thanks. Wes.

Wezzzor's gear list:Wezzzor's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus E-500 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +12 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow