Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,370Gear list
Like?
Now that the d7100 has been out a while
Mar 30, 2013

I'm not as disappointed with the performance of that 24mp sensor as I had anticipated.

Assuming that Nikon would use this sensor in a d400 and can figure out a way to move 24mp at 8fps, I'm thinking that it will be a decent camera for sports/action shooters.  Yes, it will likely add a processing step or 2 and/or require shooting in one of the crop modes, but I'd much rather do that than use the d800 or switch to Canon.

Of course, I would prefer fewer MPs with cleaner high ISO, but that doesn't seem to be much of an option at this point.

So, if Nikon can make this sensor work with the features, speed and performance I have with the d300, I'm inclined to think that I'll be a buyer.  I'm thinking that this would be a great complementary camera to my FX cameras, especially for the gigs in better lighting conditions.

Jim Pearce and several others have posted some rather impressive wildlife shots with the d7100, which certainly would be welcome performance in a d400.

What do you think?  If the d400 comes with this sensor and it has the d300 speed/performance, will you be satisfied?

thanks

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 +11 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D40 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow