Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 2,786
Like?
Re: Compact DSLR vs. OM-D
In reply to PC Wheeler, Mar 30, 2013

PC Wheeler wrote:

Alumna Gorp wrote:

Lenses, once you start building up a collection, your compact dslr is no longer compact.

DSLR lenses are generally much larger and heavier than CSC lenses.

Exactly! Lenses *must* be considered. If you want quality lenses with long reach (say 200-600 mm, full-frame equivalent) DSLR lenses are large and massive.  Compare the Panasonic 100-300 lens (200-600 equivalent) to a DSLR lens reaching to 600mm.

-- hide signature --

Phil

He can get 100-300mm lens for his DSLR, which are the same size and weight and crop it. The image won't be any worse than from Panasonic. There are many great DSLR telephoto lenses, there aren't any good m43 telephoto lenses. I've been there, and that's not only my opinion, but also a professional opinion, here is Roger Cicala : "I was so unhappy with everything over 150mm in m4/3 format I sort of lost interest. I use the m4/3 cameras as SLR alternatives but when I did side-by-side comparisons there was nothing even equal to the Canon 100-400. In fact I got more detail with 5D3 at 400mm than with OM-D at 300mm (600mm equivalent)."

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow