Best adapter for Contax G lenses

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joachim Wulfers
Senior MemberPosts: 1,067Gear list
Like?
Re: Best adapter for Contax G lenses
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, Mar 30, 2013

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

I got an Ebay Chinese Contax G adapter yesterday. I used it last night and it took a while to figure out how to use it to control focus. It didn't at first until fitted the right way.

Using it this morning I see it works to focus but the focus ring is not very smooth and has a few notchy spots.

Using it on the Nex 6 I could immediately see the extra colour and warmth of the lens. I love the rendering it creates. I took a few comparison shoots with an excellent Nikon 105mm F2.5AIS (cheap lens but often highly regarded). It was similar but the Contax lens has a slightly nicer rendition of colour (not a lot in it).

What's a decent adapter for Contax g? Metabones?

Greg.

Hi Greg,

I recently got three Contax G lenses and purchased a Kipon and a Fotodiox adapter. Both my samples are very smooth and focus to infinity. So, since the Fotodiox costs about 60% of the Kipon and I don't see any difference in the finish quality, I will purchase another Fotodiox for my third lens.

There are two previous posts (just search for Zeiss lenses in this forum) with photographs from the NEX with Zeiss Contax G lenses.

-- hide signature --

Joachim

Joachim Wulfers's gear list:Joachim Wulfers's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow