Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
James Pilcher
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,614Gear list
Like?
Olympus is the real deal
In reply to rtf, Mar 30, 2013

The Olympus OM-D E-M5 reaches out to you.  It is a small system camera with a lot of really fine lenses available. You can add the Olympus two-level grip for added handling ability and battery life while still maintaining a small form factor. It also has built-in wireless multi-flash capability.

I use the Olympus E-PL5 (same sensor as the E-M5). The level of detail and dynamic range is truly excellent, not Nikon D800 "excellent", but excellent nonetheless.

I have the Lumix 8mm f/3.5 fisheye, Zuiko 12mm f/2, Leica 25mm f/1.4, and Zuiko 45mm f/1.8. This gives me a fast FE, 24mm, 50mm, 90mm kit with fine image quality across the board. Then you can add other lenses such as the Zuiko 60mm macro, Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8 and 35-100mm f/2.8, and still retain an overall small kit.

If you want flexibility, small size, and good image quality, Olympus m4/3 is the real deal.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow