Olympus 12 mm - F/2 ... Is it worth the $$ ?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Questions thread
Randell Tober
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Re: For me yes...for you?
In reply to texinwien, Mar 30, 2013

Hi Tex,

What I was referring to was there's moving water- sometimes fast moving skies etc... It's not just all stationary , full light landscape shots.

I guess my reference to "Clearer" is more light gathering ability when taking a picture on the fly. A better chance of catching a good picture at the spur of the moment. When I had my two DSLR 2.8's I captured some breathtaking pics without effort... When I attempted similar shots with the f4, totally different results of course. When I used the 2.8's indoor- volleyball..."Awesome" f4-mediocre- after adjustments. It just seems much easier with a good high speed glass. With that said, I know I indeed need to go back over the basics of photography. I could take a class and would get nothing from it. My mind wonders too much. Hands on for me. Then I can do the hands on for weeks at a time and 2 years later forget it all and have to return to the basics... ADD… I so guess. It's a good thing- and bad. I have interest in MANY things- can do almost anything- but never able to master any one If that make s any sense...

You're a great group of minds here. Thanks for all of the interesting and wonderful information/comments. Now with that said go ahead and rip into me and my pic's ;0)

Have a great day

Randell Tober's gear list:Randell Tober's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow