D7100 - Leaving birds for now... doing faces today under indoor lighting, noise test

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RudyPohl
Senior MemberPosts: 3,043
Like?
D7100 - Leaving birds for now... doing faces today under indoor lighting, noise test
Mar 30, 2013

Hi There:

Now that I am convinced that the D7100 does a great job on birds and squirrels in natural light, today I've decided to start testing how it handles skin tones under various indoor lighting conditions. I was at the hockey rink this morning, followed by the indoor soccer park, followed by my camera store..., all the images typically required ISO 3200 - 6400. Later today, I hope to do some shooting in my basement studio using a tungsten lighting kit under more controlled conditions.

I'm on my lunch break right now so I thought I would share with you just one image from the camera store taken a couple of hours ago. The lighting was a mix of florescent overhead lights and natural light coming in through the storefront windows. The first image has been PPed in with Topaz Denoise and Photoshop CS5 and the second image is the RAW file converted in View NX2. (This image is being used with permission of this young lady).

P.S. I am totally new to Nikon DSLRs and have no idea what is good and what is not good in terms of noise levels at various ISOs so please feel free to praise and tear to pieces the noise levels in this image. Speak your minds without hindrance.

Rudy

Post processed in Topaz Denoise and Photoshop CS5 (no colour correction done)

RAW file converted in View NX2

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow