How much is expensive lens for you??

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Francois Du Nord
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
Re: How much is expensive lens for you??
In reply to Joseph Prawiro, Mar 30, 2013

Lots of thoughts and good responses. Not a pro in any sense, but photography is about images. If you px peep or want precision across many aspects, that costs money. At the other end, if you want to capture memories some tradeoffs may be ok. All lenses are the result of a designers best efforts to deliver on the parameters set for that lens.

Light and compact demands different choices than than solid, minimal chromatic abberation and razor sharp.

A huge variable is your commitment to your system. Trying an m4/3 system as test to see if you like it will create different price points than if you are building for the long term.

I think expensive lenses start at $ 400. As another poster said, I make choices based upon my existing lenses and filling gaps. I wanted a good fast portrait lens, but the Oly 45 was extremely close to a legacy lens that I own and shoot, so I sucked it up and am awaiting delivery of the Oly 75.

Expensive? Absolutely. But I expect that the investment will pay dividends for years.

Francois Du Nord's gear list:Francois Du Nord's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$500New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow