Fujifilm X System suited as a travel/landscape camera

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Questions thread
Antone
Contributing MemberPosts: 723
Like?
Re: Fujifilm X System suited as a travel/landscape camera
In reply to NefeliM, Mar 30, 2013

NefeliM wrote:

I was wondering if an X system would be suited as a travel/landscape camera. And if so which one would be your choice? an x-pro1/e-x1 because of the flexibility of the lenses or an X100/X100s because the wide-angle is versatile enough for landscape/traveling.

I do a lot of hiking in the US mountain west (Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, California) and I picked up the X-E1 for this reason. I had been lugging around my Canon 5D Mark II, 24-70, 70-200 f/4L IS, Zeiss 21mm ZE and Zeiss 50mm ZE makro. It was a substantially heavy kit, particularly going uphill.

Now I have the Fuji 18-55, Canon New FD 80-200 f/4L and Canon New FD 50mm f/3.5 macro. I'll be getting the Fuji 14mm in the next few weeks (now that spring is here). In total, the weight is now less than half of what I had been carrying. Plus, I can take along one of my FD bodies to shoot film, too, for those really high dynamic range scenes that digital still cannot capture.

-- hide signature --

Tony-S

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow