Fujifilm X System suited as a travel/landscape camera

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Questions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,349Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujifilm X System suited as a travel/landscape camera
In reply to NefeliM, Mar 30, 2013

NefeliM wrote:

Thanks Al Valentino! I think you (and Joachim Gerstl) are right... better to go with the more versatile  setup of an ILC on this trip.

Then between the x-pro1 and the e-x1, the e-x1 is a bit lighter, got a longer battery life and is cheaper are there any plusses on the x-pro for this trip that the e-x1 doesn't have?

Battery life will not be significantly different. It depends on how much you use the EVF or LCD, and of course how many shots you take. I always carry a spare battery with me with my XE1. Yesterday I shot about 220 pictures and my battery was empty at the end of the day. I have a generic spare that cost me $20 USD. For a trip I might want 2 spares.

I can't comment on Xpro1 vs EX1 as this is more personal preference. But smaller and lighter might be desired and if you want the zoom vs the 35mm prime then the package that includes the lenses of choice at a discount might be the way to go. Zoom is really nice and versatile and has stabilization and focuses slightly faster than the 35mm, but the 35mm will let you do shallow DOF. Both are great lenses. I love the zoom and it is sharper than my old Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 and even my slower Nikon 16-85 f/5.6 VR.

For any architecture or views from the top of tall places a wide lens is the way to go, including a 8mm fisheye lens with is very inexpensive and sharp

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow