Started Mar 30, 2013 | Questions thread
vkphoto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,601
Like?
Re: Fujifilm X System suited as a travel/landscape camera
In reply to NefeliM, Mar 30, 2013

NefeliM wrote:

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker on this website/forum, but now i could use some personal advice. Me and my wife planned a trip in November to Nepal to do some trekking in the Himalaya's. I've sold my old setup (40D, lenses, flash, etc) because it was just to "heavy"/bulky so i ended up leaving it at home in the end. I was wondering if an X system would be suited as a travel/landscape camera. And if so which one would be your choice? an x-pro1/e-x1 because of the flexibility of the lenses or an X100/X100s because the wide-angle is versatile enough for landscape/traveling.

Thanks for reading!

Hi,

Every ounce matters in Himalayas

I would consider equipment that will allow you to travel as light as possible and yet bring wonderful pictures. You won't need an extra wide lens, there are plenty of space in mountains. But you will need flash (for portraits against harsh sun) and light tripod (sunsets/sunrises are just incredible).

My recommendation:

1. EX-1 with 18-55 and spare battery and memory cards - primary

2. X20 (your wife can use it, also as a  backup)

3. Very light tripod, something like this. Looks flimsy, but it worked very well with light camera during my trip to Italy, just take off the stupid handle.

4. No need for photo bags, but take couple zip lock bags. Keep your cameras in your normal trekking backpack.

Have fun and share your adventure with us.

vkphoto

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow