5D Mk III owner now also a Fuji X-E1 owner; comments and an unfair comparison.

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,377Gear list
Like?
Re: 5D Mk III owner now also a Fuji X-E1 owner; comments and an unfair comparison.
In reply to NicholasS, Mar 30, 2013

I think some of your comments (certainly not all) are indeed not fair.

"The 5D Mk III is so much more responsive and capable of better images (due to the FF, DOF, quality of the L lenses"

DOF does not make an image better, it makes it different. Depending on what one shoots DOF is desired or not desired. So a 56mm f/1.4 would offer similar type of image on a Fuji than 35mm f/1.4 on a FF. If one shoots landscapes then more DOF is desired.

Fuji lenses are superb so quality the best lenses is apples and apples

"When I want to just concentrate on photography it will almost always be the 5D Mk III"

Wow, that is an insulting statement that I think is baseless, different tools for different applications and each does what they are designed to do well

Under Pro's for both cameras you write, "Pros ...Low ISO performance..." I think this is more or less expected, high ISO performance is might be a better test

Perhaps is better to list the types of photography that each does better, keeping in mind that the best camera is the one you have with you and one of these is easier to have with you in many conditions.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow