Sigma SD1M wrong colors

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 21,104Gear list
Like?
Re: Many things are different
In reply to SandyF, Mar 30, 2013

SandyF wrote:

1. Sunlight wb and overcast wb I find different. Sunlight often for me is too yellow. I find really that auto wb + a selected colormode is usually better than just the wb and neutral colormode.

I am of course not experienced enough to have any real opinion. But, the images from Antonio looks the same at both sunlight and overcast.

2. Are you clicking on a 255 white spot? I think that's the best way of using the tool. Sometimes it gives me too extreme results, but I know the direction of color selection. For example, if it gave me 5M+5Y, I might find that I liked 2M+2Y better. Note you can usually move the colorwheel direction by keyboard arrows.... sometimes that doesn't work though. Seems to depend upon which photos I'm working on... and on which computer.

For example, the color adjustment was really easy in my DP2Merrill files from August 2012 at the Pacific coast. I had a neat bit of white in most photos... the breaking wave!

I am talking about the pipette just below "X3 fill Light", not the one at the color wheel. That pipette only affects "Exposure".

The color wheel pipette tries to make the thing you click at neutral grey.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow