Started Mar 30, 2013 | Questions thread
Joachim Gerstl
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,357Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujifilm X System suited as a travel/landscape camera
In reply to NefeliM, Mar 30, 2013

NefeliM wrote:

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker on this website/forum, but now i could use some personal advice. Me and my wife planned a trip in November to Nepal to do some trekking in the Himalaya's. I've sold my old setup (40D, lenses, flash, etc) because it was just to "heavy"/bulky so i ended up leaving it at home in the end. I was wondering if an X system would be suited as a travel/landscape camera. And if so which one would be your choice? an x-pro1/e-x1 because of the flexibility of the lenses or an X100/X100s because the wide-angle is versatile enough for landscape/traveling.

Thanks for reading!

Hi,

Not long ago I would have recommended the X100. Simply because I really love the camera and I like to shoot at this focal length.

Since I got the 14mm that has changed. This lens is a dream if you like ultra wide angles.

I would bring:

X Pro-1 + 14 + 35

Perfect small and light and it will give you images comparable to a full frame DSLR.

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha NEX-5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow