Senior MemberPosts: 1,128
Like?
Re: My Riverwalk with an HX300
In reply to Marti58, Mar 30, 2013

Marti58 wrote:

Dodge_Rock wrote:

Marti58 wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Did you ever think that focus problems in Video at such a high zoom  could be from camera movement?

Sony claims this: quote from Sony site

*Say goodbye to blur.

Don't let a not-so-steady hand prevent you from capturing the moment. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization compensates for camera shake by countering camera movements in both horizontal and vertical directions. Plus, Active 3-Way stabilization keeps things steadier yet with digital rolling control that offsets clockwise and counterclockwise rotations, resulting in smoother videos even while zoomed in close. The result? Sharp, blur-free photos and footage in otherwise unsteady situations, like shooting video while walking.*

so i guess we expect something.

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Hand-held stablization is pretty good.  Maybe slightly improved over the HX200, but I need to test them side-by-side to determine for sure.

Here's a vid shot while driving. It's on youtube, so they lowered the quality considerably, but that's not important.  Look at the stability of the movie hand-held while driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ZmYdhFRpg

agreed that looks ok to me but we dont know about zoom used, using max zoom might be a different story for stills and vids.

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Here's a hand-held max zoom.  Stabilization is ok in good light.  Twilight is another story at 50x - difficult.  Clear zoom on, digital zoom off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDx0ztbjCw

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow