Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,827Gear list
Like?
Re: Suitable D600 Alternative When Size/Weight Are An Issue
In reply to ultimitsu, Mar 30, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

Brad Davis wrote:

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions? I realize this is pretty open ended and certainly I don't want to start a massive debate on this camera vs that camera, but just wondering about people's thoughts/reactions to the process I am going through here...thanks....

My first pick would be D600 + 24-85VR, togather they weight around 1300g, the most you would same regardless which camera you go would be 2 pounds-ish. Is it a big saving? depends on how much other gear you have.

Swapping 24-85 to a 50 1.8G saves you less than 300 grams, you lose a lot of range.

RX100 is very good probably the best zoom compact today. LX7 does not have a better lens - 4.7mm F1.4 gathers less light than 10.3 F1.8. RX100's lens gathers more light than any other camera in its class. Its price is quite good when you consider how expensive Nikon 1 series with an F1.8 lens are.

I've found the D600 and 24-85 very versatile. I just got done testing a 24-120 and sadly sent it back since my 24-85 was sharper almost everywhere.

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow