Has anyone used Thinktank holster bags or speedracer bags for hiking?

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gary stepic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,283Gear list
Like?
Has anyone used Thinktank holster bags or speedracer bags for hiking?
Mar 30, 2013

There was a long thread about backpacks but little mention of belt packs other than a comment how it can be good to distribute some weight around the waist. I am 65 and still like to hike but my limit is probably more around 3 to 5 hours or about eight or so miles (actually that is my wife's pace which of course limits my pace). For me it is important to have quick access to my gear. I need to start bringing a tripod or when I bring it actually use it. I have a heavier Manfrotto model  and also a Benro Travel Angel.

I have a few Thinktank shoulder bags but I have discovered this is not the way to go on even shorter hikes. I am thinking of either getting their belt and two holster bags, one for my D800 and another for my D7100 with a longer lens attached, or one holster bag and either their Speed Racer or Speed Freak bags. This could also come in handy for weddings and outdoor sports. I could use a regular backpack for food and water and to through in the smaller Benro tripod. I would most likely get the Streetwalker Pro for trips where I have to travel by air, but the next few years we plan on several car trips in the Rocky Mountain area.

So has anyone used the Thinktank holster bags or belt packs and if so do you find them practical for day hikes?

Gary

gary stepic's gear list:gary stepic's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony a6000 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow