Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 2,993Gear list
Like?
Re: Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?
In reply to tron555, Mar 30, 2013

tron555 wrote:

Tom, I did as you requested, you can now download the originals if you think it will help you. The files are not that large, (I always crop/re-size images, never keep originals) but they should be big enough for you to draw a conclusion. Now that you are able to download the originals, I would be very interested in what you think. What I want to know is, do you see any of the extreme smearing, noise and water colored patches you do in ALL images taken from the X20?

Thanks for allowing download of originals.  My guess is that if X20 sample shots are downsized and optimized to your original image size they would compare favorably in every case.

In the first one the sharpening haloes would be too plainly visible in a larger print.  The second one seems much better: it lacks these haloes and delivers pixel-level sharpness, plus it was a beautiful day for a photo!

The exposure, lighting, and color balance seems to be really great in both photos.  It's nice to see what a really high quality competitive brand camera can do, and you have brought out the best in it.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow