Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arahne27
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Velbon table top experiment
Mar 30, 2013

For a long period of time I tried to find some kind of table attachment which could bring my camera to every part of table. And it had to be rather cheap one. I am often fotografing small objects placed on the table (archaeological finds, coins etc.). So I needed some kind of crane. I think that I found ultimate cheap solution for my needs. It is combination of Velbon Clamp HC-25/28 and Velbon unit V4 which I couldn't find as separate unit in Belgrade, so I bought VS-443D tripod which comes with V4. IT is a very good alumunium tripod which gives you great close up possibilities.

http://www.velbon.biz/product/VS/index.html

So after I purchased tripod and clamp, dissasembled tripod and mounted V4 unit on clamp, this is what I got.

V4 fully extracted

V4 retracted

V4 can reach far parts of table

I haven't tried it with more heavier DSLR, but when I do so, I will write my impressions. Right now it looks very firm and sturdy with 1 kg camera/lens combination. Only complain is about lack of possibility to move V4 horizontally  around its axis.

Arahne27's gear list:Arahne27's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow