Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,629Gear list
Like?
Re: Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?
In reply to Grobb, Mar 30, 2013

tron555 wrote:

Mickey, you are probably a very good photographer and the comments I made were not aimed at you or your skills. The problem is that the X20 is simply not capable of taking good, sharp, clean images no matter who takes them. When I compare imagines (any of them) taken from the X20, they do not even come close to pictures taken from my almost 3 year old, 10MP Canon G12.

Seattle sky line

Same location

I would not trade my G12 for the X20 because I feel it takes great images, every time, even with default camera settings.

Your words and photos might be more meaningful if you allowed download of originals.  It is a simple item in your DPR settings menu.  Just click the box if you like.

At this point I can only look at the "small, medium, or large" version of your posted photos, and most any camera will look pretty good.  Here on the Fuji forum we have a bunch of pixel peepers, and like them I am only satisfied with full-res.

My own experience with the X20 has been to download samples and print 19"x13".  The prints look significantly better than prints from my X10, rivaling the quality of my X-E1.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow