How much is expensive lens for you??

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Learning in Progress
Regular MemberPosts: 357
Like?
Re: How much is expensive lens for you??
In reply to Future user, Mar 30, 2013

As others have said, it depends on your needs and the quality of the lens. When I look at the Panasonic 25mm, I do not see it as expensive based on user experience with the lens and on the general quality of it. It also gives something no other lenses give: AF.and f1.4.
That, imho makes this lens rationally priced.
When I look at a lens such as the olympus 12mm, its different for me. People that have it say how good it is, but for me I would have a hard time justifying such a purchase, specially if I had a standard zoom.
Then as we climb up the price ladder, there is the olympus 75mm which is even more expensive, but which I am currently trying to convince myself into buying because of the quality (like the other lenses I mentioned), but also because its good more reach which appeals to me.
Now, that is how I feel now. prior to my jump in mft less than a year ago, I had a 500$ p/s camera from 2004 and if it weren't for the olympus 45mm (which is great, yet very affordable), I'd probably say all 3 of the lenses previously mentioned were too expensive for me. So it really depends on a lot of things.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$500New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow