How much is expensive lens for you??

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Learning in Progress
Learning in Progress Regular Member • Posts: 361
Re: How much is expensive lens for you??

As others have said, it depends on your needs and the quality of the lens. When I look at the Panasonic 25mm, I do not see it as expensive based on user experience with the lens and on the general quality of it. It also gives something no other lenses give: AF.and f1.4.
That, imho makes this lens rationally priced.
When I look at a lens such as the olympus 12mm, its different for me. People that have it say how good it is, but for me I would have a hard time justifying such a purchase, specially if I had a standard zoom.
Then as we climb up the price ladder, there is the olympus 75mm which is even more expensive, but which I am currently trying to convince myself into buying because of the quality (like the other lenses I mentioned), but also because its good more reach which appeals to me.
Now, that is how I feel now. prior to my jump in mft less than a year ago, I had a 500$ p/s camera from 2004 and if it weren't for the olympus 45mm (which is great, yet very affordable), I'd probably say all 3 of the lenses previously mentioned were too expensive for me. So it really depends on a lot of things.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow