Pentax K5 iis 18-135mm on ebay from Taiwan

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Confused of Malvern
Senior MemberPosts: 1,046
Like?
Re: Pentax K5 iis 18-135mm on ebay from Taiwan
In reply to drpower, Mar 30, 2013

drpower wrote:

I am in the market for a Pentax K5 iis, nobody in North America offers this camera with the 18-135mm kit lens but I found a pretty good deal on ebay from Taiwan. I know that if I had to warranty the camera it would be a PIA but other than that, is there any reason not to buy it? I wouldn't have to pay 12% tax, this camera and lens in Canada would cost me just under $2000, on ebay I would save almost $500. I could get the K30 18-135mm in Canada for $1k + tax and save myself the headache... what is the best route for an amateur photographer?

The company you mention in Taiwan may be very reputable, I have no experience of them either way, but personally I would be wary of buying from abroad.

The fact that you mention the K30 suggests that you are not absolutely wedded to the K5IIs.  If you can't get this with the 18-135 kit lens then I would recommend you go for the K5II (which is available with that lens) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/891521-REG/Pentax_12038_K_5_II_Digital_SLR.html.  This would be preferable to the K30 in my view.

Although the K5IIs has the AA filter removed, I doubt you would notice very much difference in most real world conditions.  I have the original K5 and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the K5II.

-- hide signature --

--

Confused of Malvern
'The greatest fool can ask more than the wisest man can answer'

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow