Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 4,726Gear list
Like?
Re: Rumor: Possible Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specs
In reply to Mark B., Mar 30, 2013

Mark B. wrote:

Rexgig0 wrote:

It looks like there are probably mutiple prototypes out for testing. The earlier rumor that indicated the new 7D might be more like a 1.6x-crop 1D, with two memory card slots, indicates two quite different prototypes.

I use a pair of 7D cameras at work, for shooting evidentiary images, mostly with a 100mm 2.8L Macro, and a 10-22mm EF-S; they are still quite relevant, so upgrading is not urgent. Cleaner low-light images at higher ISO would be my primary goal. (My evidentiary images must be submitted as JPEGs, with no out-of-camera processing.)

I have recently been experimenting with a newly-acquired, pre-owned, gently-handled 1D Mark II N. Based upon this, and my increasing interest in bird/wildlife photograpghy, I am hoping that Canon does produce a cropped-sensor camera with 1D X features, whether it is in the 7D series, or goes by another name. I would rather see the 1.3x APS-H sensor continue, but 1.6x is acceptable.

Based on the 1Dx, I think it's safe to say we've seen the last of the 1.3x crops.  Any 7D successor is going to be 1.6x crop, nothing else.

Mark

I'd still like to see a true APS-H sensor, same height as the APS-C, but, wider for 16X9 video. This would allow a lower profile mirror to maintain compatibility with EF-S lenses (APS-C Crop), but, give full sensor performance with EF lenses.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
1+New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow