eye fi vs transcend wifi for android

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
m.holmes
Regular MemberPosts: 257
Like?
Re: eye fi vs transcend wifi for android
In reply to jorgemtrevino, Mar 30, 2013

jorgemtrevino wrote:

Folks, many thanks for the comments. I've done a bit of research on the matter and I think it's a waste of time and money, 'cept for some rare ocassions, e.g. when you would want to send an image by email instantly and only have your smart phone around.

Even so, I guess that using a micro-SD with full size adapter on the camera and physically switching the card to the smartphone would be as good a solution and certainly much cheaper.

The only caveat here is the card speed. I haven't found a class 10 micro-SD yet.

Apple sells a sd-reader for iphone/ipad, I'd bet android has the same (of course you have to remember to carry it around). I'd rather plug a full-features sd card in the camera and a reader on the phone, rather then a combo-card.

If you really want to combine the best of both worlds, you may want to have a look at this:

http://www.pqigroup.com/prod_in.aspx?mnuid=1286&modid=138&prodid=426

This is basically a wi-fi "sd adapter" card (i.e. you have to plug your own microsd for the actual storage). It's the only card that I don't own personally, so I won't comment. Some of the reviews I read were not favorable (mostly, for write speed below expectations, IIRC).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow