Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Joseph S Wisniewski Forum Pro • Posts: 34,119
Pentax or Leica...

rtf wrote:

Hi everyone. Sorry if this seems a little off topic but your the people that directly fit my question.

I now have a medical issue with the nerves in my middle fingers of my left hand (due to broken fingers years ago). I have major problems using lenses much bigger than a 50mm (gutted). My doctor warned me ages ago that this would become an issue and advised me to downsize the weight and bulk of my camera gear. Yesterday I was taking images of a restaurant for a website, and after the tripod work I struggled to take handheld shots with the D800 + 105DC.

That seemed a good place to stop.

If you appreciate what you get from a D800 and a 105DC, you are not going to be happy with any micro four thirds that I'm familiar with.

Take a long, serious look at a Pentax system. Their 77mm f1.8 is a favorite of mine, and the 31mm f1.8 is possibly the best APS normal I've ever used.

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008.
Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed.
Ciao! Joseph
www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 +43 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow