Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
l_objectif
Forum ProPosts: 17,227Gear list
Like?
Re: Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...
In reply to Nich0las, Mar 30, 2013

Nich0las wrote:

Louis,

Of course your photography wouldn't change if you swapped cameras, but most people go from P&S to SLR to Leica, not necessarily from Leica back down to a P&S. Most of us have second and third camera bodies that are not Leica and of course we take great photos on them. The point I was trying to make was that it is that photographic experience with the other bodies that has led you to Leica, the quality of the glass and the style of shooting involved with a rangefinder and manual focusing - i.e. a very deliberate photographic process.

If I started taking a lot of photos with my iPhone or Canon S100 that I particularly enjoyed, I wouldn't post them in the DPR Leica forum - I would most likely put them in the DPR forum that they were aligned with, again to maintain the consistency that has come over the years from the Leica forum members combined with their Leica cameras and lenses.

I do still think that however much you shoot with another camera or lens, there will always be a unique look & feel that comes from a Leica - particularly via the high quality glass.

-- hide signature --

I use also a Nikon DSLR, but almost never post any shot in Nikon forum. I did few times in the past, but I really don't enjoy. First, when I visit Nikon forum, I don't find any inspiration and their kind of work is really not my cup of tea... I am not a "Cyber" guy anyway and don't spend much in the Internet. But I like Leica forum; the people here and the type (or spirit) of photography in this forum... With my "Louis" ID, I have been here since 2007 but I was here for couple of years with another ID... I had the chance to see many really great photographers in this forum. They did not always posted shots made with Leica; but they were all very inspiring!... I learned a lot from them and was very much encouraged by most of them.... This is why I call this forum my "Home" and this is why I love to see other people visiting us and posting here. I learn a lot from them.

I always believed that a close society is a dying society. We can always keep improving ourselves with openness and with seeing others and learning from them. We can learn from good things, as well as we can learn from bad things!

If Leica forum had the kind of mentality that some are, unfortunately, advocating these days, it would never be what it is now. You would never be interested of being a part of it even if you had a collection of the most expensive Leica gear!

I do prefer my P&S over my big DSLR not because of that red dot; but because it allowed me to discover a forum that allows me to enjoy photography and to improve myself!

I think many others should have this right!

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow