How much is expensive lens for you??

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
danijel973
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
Re: How much is expensive lens for you??
In reply to Joseph Prawiro, Mar 30, 2013

Joseph Prawiro wrote:

danijel973 wrote:

Not a bad set of questions. Well, what is an expensive lens for me, it depends. I would usually draw a line at some 800 EUR, because that's how much I usually paid for my Canon lenses, but I would probably draw a line somewhere at 2500 EUR and not buy a lens I need, if it's that expensive; I'd try to find a more affordable option.

I guess it depends where you are coming from, if you re used to L/ FF lens prices m43 will be a bargain, if you are upgrading from compacts then m43 lens will be rather steep

Well, a good lens is a good lens, but I would certainly separate "wants" from "needs" and avoid options that are needlessly expensive, ie. I bought 85mm f/1.8 instead of 1.2L, and I bought 17-40 f/4L instead of 16-35 f/2.8L. But if I decided that I really need something expensive, 2500 EUR would still be a line I wouldn't cross. It's just too much money for me to pour into something that doesn't make me money. The last piece of gear that I bought in that price range was a 5d body.

danijel973's gear list:danijel973's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$500New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow