Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
saudidave
Regular MemberPosts: 490Gear list
Like?
FZ62 Viewfinder issue
Mar 30, 2013

I've recently bought an FZ62 from a private seller on ebay and it has a faulty viewfinder (loose glass protective screen). The seller won't refund and I'm going through a dispute issue with ebay. I doubt if it will be resolved but that is not the issue here or the reason for the post so please don't offer advice about ebay. I'm fully au fait with caveat emptor!

The issue is this: I have contacted Panasonic about warranty repair but because I don't have the original receipt they won't repair it under warranty, despite the fact it's a UK model in a UK box and is by definition less than a year old. (The model was only announced in July 2012)

I thus have 4 choices. Firstly I keep it and use it, because despite the fact that the glass/perspex is at a 45 degree angle it remains perfectly useable and I suspect it will remain so until it gets dust behind it. Secondly I have it repaired at my own expense which I am loathe to do. Thirdly I use the LCD only which is the reason I got the FZ - it has a viewfinder and I don't like LCD's.

Fourth and finally I attempt to repair it myself. Has anyone ever attempted this on an FZ and could advise?

It produces better IQ than my TZ30 by the way - sharper, but the noise levels are similar for a given iso

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ60 (Lumix DMC-FZ62) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 (Lumix DMC-TZ30)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow