Future of Pentax?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,323Gear list
Like?
Re: Future of Pentax?
In reply to TimHar, Mar 30, 2013

TimHar wrote:

I understand you concern about future of Pentax.

It might be understandable, but fortunately it's not well-founded. I don't see see - for example - any FF trend, APS-C is and will remain mainstream for many years; likewise, I don't see any trend of retailers leaving Pentax (and I'm talking 2012-2013 here).

I would like to add that many third party lens makers are leaving Pentax like: Zeiss, Voigtlaender even Tamron does not make the latest models in Pentax mount.

We should not forget this happened when Pentax belonged to Hoya; cost cutting, downsizing, being prepared to be sold - one doesn't gain market share this way Things are changing now, for the better; but it's a long, difficult road.

The global economic climate didn't help, either; I'd guess it was harder for niche 3rd-party lens makers like Zeiss and Voigtlander to support all but the highest volume mounts. The K-mount should be especially difficult for them, as we have the excellent, well-crafted Limiteds.

I have Pentax K-5 and I like it a lot, for the next year I'm fine with K-5 and in future I expect and I want a Pentax FF camera. I don't understand why are some guys here so upset and angry if FF and more pixels are mentioned.

Who is upset and angry about Pentax making a FF? Which will most likely happen, as Pentax started talking about it; just not in the immediate future.

Cheers!

Have fun,

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow