Future of Pentax?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,642Gear list
Re: Future of Pentax?
In reply to TimHar, Mar 30, 2013

TimHar wrote:

I understand you concern about future of Pentax.

It might be understandable, but fortunately it's not well-founded. I don't see see - for example - any FF trend, APS-C is and will remain mainstream for many years; likewise, I don't see any trend of retailers leaving Pentax (and I'm talking 2012-2013 here).

I would like to add that many third party lens makers are leaving Pentax like: Zeiss, Voigtlaender even Tamron does not make the latest models in Pentax mount.

We should not forget this happened when Pentax belonged to Hoya; cost cutting, downsizing, being prepared to be sold - one doesn't gain market share this way Things are changing now, for the better; but it's a long, difficult road.

The global economic climate didn't help, either; I'd guess it was harder for niche 3rd-party lens makers like Zeiss and Voigtlander to support all but the highest volume mounts. The K-mount should be especially difficult for them, as we have the excellent, well-crafted Limiteds.

I have Pentax K-5 and I like it a lot, for the next year I'm fine with K-5 and in future I expect and I want a Pentax FF camera. I don't understand why are some guys here so upset and angry if FF and more pixels are mentioned.

Who is upset and angry about Pentax making a FF? Which will most likely happen, as Pentax started talking about it; just not in the immediate future.

Have fun,

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited HD Pentax DA AF 1.4X AW Rear Converter +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow