Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,814Gear list
Like?
Re: Allan, :)
In reply to Allan Olesen, Mar 30, 2013

Allan Olesen wrote:

Hawaii-geek wrote:

Allan,

You have a point.      But, perception is reality.

Yes, perception is the problem.

Problem is , PROs  have been using manual strobes a lot longer vs TTL.

and is "still" the most effective when you are taking the same shot in the studio.

As I said: You can do this with a cheap adapter.

Are pros really so helpless that this is an insurmountable obstacle for them? How did they become pros, then?

It's actually not a problem.

It's about what will attract NEW customers to SONY  ..  which benefits all Sony users in the end.

Obviously  Sony has made the calculation that  the  MIS  Hot shoe  will attract New Business, and that "that" Business is larger than there Current Business they now have.  Well in DSLRs  that is probably a no brainier.

There is probably some issues that was solved by this MIS that cuts across everything they do.  And we might be just looking at it thru the prism of just cameras.

And what they "was" doing  ... obviously was not enough.

Sony might have  realized they did not want to Squander  there  opportunity for market share (Here and Now) by doing the "BETA max"  thing.   and did the smart move to Hot Shoe and SD.

So, the transfer of adapter expense goes to the base of old users that "may or may not" want to use the new flashes or cameras.

New customers will all love the MIS  ...  so, for Sony there is little downside.

sucks for legacy users ..  but it would not be the first time in electronics.  just saying.

HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow