Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
danijel973
Contributing MemberPosts: 639Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to Hen3ry, Mar 30, 2013

Hen3ry wrote:
I was looking at the language -- as a professional writer and teacher. The language Ming uses is extreme  -- terrible this and terrible that.

Well, I see nothing beyond the pale there. I would describe some parts of my own camera as terrible, for instance the modal button interface or the live view lag. It is indeed terrible, annoying and interferes with taking pictures. However, I don't see how that disqualifies my assessment in any way. If pressed, I could replace the word "terrible" with a rather long description of the problem and its severity but presently I feel no need. I would give Ming the benefit of the doubt here and draw an analogy between his experience with GH3 and mine with E-PL1.

Then: "The target market videographers are bound to be unhappy" -- he is clearly not a videographer or he would be giving his opinion or speaking of his experience on that, not talking about "the target market".

This is true, he really doesn't seem to shoot video or know much about it so it would've been wise of him to have refrained from commenting that part.

Sure there is emotion involved, but we are looking for a professional's response which will involve emotion but controlled emotion (that's what being pro is all about', not what we call in Australia (and perhaps where you are) a dummy spit.

Well, he didn't really throw the camera into a concrete wall in a fit of uncontrolled rage, did he? He wrote a review in which he said that he didn't like the camera because its ergonomics and overall experience didn't sit well with him. Hardly a display of uncontrolled emotion, really.

danijel973's gear list:danijel973's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow