Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 4,617
Like?
Re: Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...
In reply to RoelHendrickx, Mar 30, 2013

RoelHendrickx wrote:

Daedalus2000 wrote:

Toccata47 wrote:

I didn't pay what I paid to chat with plebs or view their photography. End of story.

!!!! Is this your own personal view?

dpr is free by the way!

I am assuming Toccata's line was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Always good to check, as statements like these are controversial. There was no mention to one's ability to buy in the OP.

And with paying he did not refer to DPR membership, but to "membership" of the Leica-using elite...

Yes I know, but I was trying through humour to remind that this is about the forum and not about your camera price.

The simple truth is that what Nicholas said is partly true:  there are indeed many Leica-users who have evolved towards Leica through a long line of experience with other cameras, and in Leica they finally find a way of expressing that fits them best.

True.

But the opposite is also true: there are also Leica-users who buy Leica because of the snob factor (I've read recently that it is currently a fad amongst rich models, actors and singers to hang a Leica around your neck like you would wear a necklace or jewel).

But this is irrelevant in our discussion. At the end of the day what matters is your output, if your photography is good or you show willingness to learn and become better (e.g. I consider myself a total beginner) you are welcome.

And they could benefit from interaction with passionate photographers using other brands, because they could, if they would, learn a few things about art and composition.

Agreed. I would be sad if, for example, you stopped posting.

D

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow