Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,608Gear list
Like?
Re: Then get a 5D or 6D!
In reply to Ubilam, Mar 30, 2013

Ubilam wrote:

rickpoole wrote:

I'd hope for at least 2 stops better noise, 3+ would be a no brainer.  Adding RF flash support would be great.  Agree better/more consistent AF performance would be a big draw.  Given the size of the body dual card slots would be nice, dual CF or CF and SDXC would be nice.

Why do so many want more from a 7D when its available already????????

6 fps? For sports and wildlife?

then the 4 fps of my two 5D IIs are nearly as good enough too

Seriously - I am waiting for an all new sensor design from Canon - it's not the question which exact specs the 7D II will have - it is the question if they introduce an all new sensor design since 2004 or so.

All current sensors seem to have a similar per pixel performance at low ISO and my personal guessing is that most of the high ISO performance boost is coming from the processing in the DigiC unit. Thus the wish for a 7D II could also be named: Waiting for a new sensor technology.

I'd tend to believe that 21 or 22 Mpixel for the small APS-C sensor are more then enough pixels for cropping and good resolution large prints. If Canon manages it to get 2 stops S/N advantage over the current per pixel performance on the 7D plus 10 fps plus a better AF system it would surely motivate many to go to the smaller sensor until the same technology is introduced in a FF package. 5D III and 6D offer no real dramatic progress compare to the 5D II sensor. Built in WiFi and GPS are a very fine addition and built in levels too - no doubt.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
1+New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow